Allocations & Applications

Calendering for the 2024 school year has now concluded. You are welcome to submit an application to be placed on our 2024 waiting list, or to work with us in the 2025 school year.

Application dates for the 2025 school year are as follows:

  1. Applications formally open for 2025: 15th July 2024
  2. Calendaring begins: 26th August 2024
  3. Schools notified for a place in 2025: 20th September 2024

Attending schools are required to provide staff to meet overnight supervision requirements. In consideration of the requirements around camps within the new VGSA, we ask that all applications be supported by the Principal prior to submission.

Applications are considered in line with the DET Outdoor Education Schools Policy:

  • Schools with cohorts of students who would benefit most from attendance and would not ordinarily be able to access such opportunities, including disadvantaged students, Koorie students, vulnerable students, students at key transition points.
  • Schools that have not previously attended, except for where there is an agreement in place for a school to attend over consecutive years (your school would have a formalised Memorandum of Understanding, and in this instance, you do not need to apply again. Contact us if you’re unsure).
  • Schools that demonstrate a commitment to meeting the best practice principles around delivery, including joint planning, strong and clearly identified learning intentions, connections with the visiting school’s curriculum, and reinforcing the learning upon the students’ return to the classroom.

Our teaching model is based around 5 days with Secondary School students. If you wish to attend for an alternate duration, please make a note in the additional comments (minimum of 3 days). Enrolments of 5 days are prioritized due to our instructional practice.

If you have concerns around missing out on a booking, please raise this with the School Principal. If you feel the matter wasn’t resolved effectively then the process outlined under “Escalation” within the Complaints and Concerns Policy should be followed.

You can place an application here (please ensure that when selecting your preference date/s you select the correct year so that your application is received):